About our War Memorials
The church features the war memorials of the congregations which formed Marchmont St Giles’, with the notable exception of the West St Giles’ memorial for the Great War – this memorial was damaged and lost when the church was demolished. On the wall to the right of the south aisle is the World War II memorial from the Warrender Church, while opposite on the left side of the north aisle in the Grange memorial in brass to the fallen of both Wars, which was first dedicated in 1921.On the north wall of the north transept is erected the Great War memorial to the fallen of Warrender Church. The church archives include a set of photographs of each of those named, including Alexander R. Windram, who was just 17 when killed in action in Gallipoli. On the screen in the west end of the church, the stained glass panel on the right hand side is the West St Giles’ memorial to those killed in World War II. This memorial was unveiled in November 1947.